The Hague, The Netherlands - We are pleased to announce 4impact becoming a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investing (PRI). We believe that an economically efficient, sustainable global financial system is a necessity for long-term value creation. Such a system will reward long-term, responsible investment and benefit the environment and society as a whole.
The six Principles for Responsible Investment offer a menu of possible actions for incorporating ESG issues into investment practice.
About the Principles for Responsible Investment
The Principles were developed by investors, for investors. In implementing them, signatories contribute to developing a more sustainable global financial system. They have attracted a global signatory base representing a majority of the world’s professionally managed investments.
These six principles are:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
4impact on the PRI
In signing the Principles, 4impact as an investor publicly commits to adopting and implementing them, where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities. We also commit to evaluate the effectiveness and improve the content of the Principles over time. We believe this will improve our ability to meet commitments to beneficiaries as well as better align our investment activities with the broader interests of society.
"Signing the Principles for Responsible Investing substantiates our dedication to building a more sustainable global financial system. As 4impact, we invest in digital tech4good startups that wholly contribute to this goal. The PRI formalize this shared vision for us, our investors, and our portfolio companies, as well as the inspiring entrepreneurs we work with.", says Pauline Wink, Managing partner & Co-Founder of 4impact.
We encourage other investors to join in adopting the Principles for Responsible Investing.